Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kardenas- Compassionate Provider For Man's Best Friend Releases Benefit Project

America has always been labeled the home of the free, the strong and the brave. Because of this, many from other countries have come to our shores to accomplish their dreams and Sergio Kardenas is no different. After living in America for 13 years, the Mexican born natives’ accomplishments include becoming an established photographer, filmmaker and model. He’s been touted as the “Jack Of All Trades” in Hollywood, rubbing elbows with a variety of celebrities including many in the African American community. For sure industry wide respect in any profession is a big deal, but respect is a major issue when people such as actor Boris Kodjoe, Actress Nicole Arie Parker, and Singer Kenny Latimore are on hand to speak highly of your work. Like many in show business, Kandenas tackles his next venture with a vengeance, where he strikes up the band as a singer, with album “The Time Machine”, which also incorporates hosting a variety of events that accentuate what it means to be a humanitarian and activist. (Seen in photo with Former Los Angeles Lakers Pro Basketball Player, Ervin "Magic" Johnson).

As a writer, it’s not everyday that I get to talk about, not to mention, interview people who were born and raised in México. Not quite my expertise, but I have to pay attention when that person or those persons make an impact on Africa Americans here in the United States. “ I’ve been taking pictures since I was 14 years old, “ says Kardenas. “ I love photography, and working with people. With this whole Hollywood thing, I feel as if I’ve been lucky. You don’t see to many Mexicans making it in Hollywood and I feel very fortunate for that. I’m trying to be famous for a totally different reason than most people who search out this Hollywood thing. I want people to hear what I have to say. That’s my goal”. Part of what he’s compassionate about includes working with animals and animal shelters where he provides food for pets of homeless people. He’s also passionate about people having insurance for medical reasons.

“I do not really have what I consider a political position as such, “continues Kandenas. “To me it is more a matter of trying to treat all beings with compassion and respect, not cutting deals and winning elections. But this country seems so polarized and on the brink right now. I mean, when you have a supposed candidate for President who is totally without a clue about the history of slavery-which has left a huge mark on this country. No, I do not think that I really have the personality for politics because I get too angry and impatient with stupidity and thoughtless cruelty. Though, I must say, I really admire the patience and coolness of President Obama who can deal with lunatic’s day in and day out and stay smiling. I don’t think I could”. And his explanation about the new project, “This project is not anything political. The new CD, "The Time Machine" actually started out with a stage play and developed from the songs for that. I’m taking the proceeds and using them to buy food for dogs including dogs of homeless people.”

Kardenas’ efforts to support the homeless population is for sure a well respected one a he’s received countless request to participate in a variety of events surrounding the African American celebrity initiative. Some of those events include hosting “The Black AIDS Institute”, event “Hero’s In The Struggle”, and most recently an event for the African American Critics Association in Los Angeles. “The facts are just plain and simple, I get more respect from African American’s”, Kardenas says in closing. “ They treat me good, and respect the fact that life is hard, that I’ve had a hard time trying to make it in this country. We’ve all had tough times, but I like to treat people right and be treated right.”

Past projects for Kardenas include “The Slayer Bureaucrat”, which is an exploitation film such as A Pam Grier style film of the 1970’s. As a photographer, he’s produced the book, “The Magazine of Sex” and working on a new project, “ The World of Kolorama” and his new film "Cafe '65". He’s had countless assignments as a photographer, which have allowed him the opportunity of doing several photo shoots with celebrities such as Arnold Schwartz nagger, Bruce Willis, Demi Moore for Planet Hollywood, Sylvester Stallone, and Ralph Moeller for Planet Hollywood. He’s also photographed such celebrities as Pat Benatar, Rupaul, Randy Jones from the Village People and many others. He’s appeared in television as an actor on several occasions, once portraying a photographer in television on “ JAG”, “Johnny Dangerous” and several other projects. To learn more about Sergio Kardenas, visit http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2758375/ and/or http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=632213476

No comments: