Monday, December 21, 2009

Love Mikey Jay’s ‘Stupid Fresh” or Bounce

The music and entertainment industry is filled with one night wonders and comic book dreamers who get their 15 minutes under the big tent and you never hear from them again. For some Mikey Jay may be on that list, but what’s different about this cape crusader is that he’s motivated and determined to roll with the punches as he makes history as one of the first recording artists, with a major recording contract, working outside the box with exposure thru the Internet. His name is shining in lights as if he won the lotto. In some ways perhaps he did win the lotto. You can catch him on Itunes, SHOCKHOUND, EMUSIC, LA LA, RHAPSODY, AMAZON, IMVU, NAPSTER, AMIE STREET, VERIZON WIRELESS, SPRINT, T-MOBILE, AT&T, JAMSTER, and more. “Stupid Fresh”, his first single to drop has club heads and Hip-Hoppers joining his movements like never before and his list of fans is growing like wild fire.

The Boogie Down Bronx, to some is perhaps just another borough in New York, but it’s the people who make it special. Mikey J. is one of those people, who just so happened to be born and raised there. Growing up, he learned the craft of what good music was and what good business was from DJ’s such as the Legendary Diamond D. and a host of others. “ I want to take this industry to a new level, “ says Mikey. “ I want to touch the world. Not enough people are touching the world such as Michel Jackson. Yea, Michael Jackson had followers from every country, every background and ethnic origin. He really touched the world in a special way delivering R&B, Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock, and it’s rare to see artists like that anymore. Growing up I had an opportunity to watch as my cousin Diamond D. did tracks with all kinds of artists. I would listen to what he was doing and then I would sneak off to myself and write my own lyricist to the music. I owe my success now to all those who showed me the ropes, including Diamond D., Big Punisher, Fat Joe and a lot of others.”

Mikey J’s. first single has caught on like fire. He can be heard all over the Internet, and it’s only getting better. “ This is my lingo, “ he explains. “Stupid Fresh” is you, “ Stupid Fresh” is me, “Stupid Fresh” is the jeans that I be rocking, the sneakers that I be rocking, and so on and so forth. The song is about me and how my mother raised me. We all have something that is “Stupid Fresh” about us. All of this success came about because of the Internet. At first I was somewhat apprehensious and afraid of it, but after seeing the power behind it, and the hugh potential for money, I began messing around with it. Now I’ve got like 12 My Space Pages and 5 Face Book pages and all kinds of other pages. So I went a little crazy, but all in good faith. It’s funny because for so long people have depended on record companies to get their music out there, and now there is the Internet, where you can market and promote your own songs, your own product. It cuts the middle man out of the game and that’s good for anyone trying to do something like this. You have the Zoom Players, the Ipod and Itunes and all the music stuff. You can just download what you want to your car and keep on riding. So technology is changing and it’s a good thing.”

Later this month, Mikey Jay will be hitting the road with the Legendary KRS-One to promote his single and up coming album. Mikey tells how all this came about. “When I was 10 years old, KRS-One shot a video on my block and this was the first time that I actually met him. It was great because I had always listened to his music, but in person he was the coolest person you ever wanted to meet. Since he was down with my people (Diamond D. and others), I got a chance to hang out with him and really gain knowledge about the whole Hip-Hop language and culture. He was the one who taught me that Hip-Hop was not just about music, but it had roots and had a real meaning to the madness. And 2 years ago, myself, Lil’ Mama, Fat Joe and some others did a song with him. So we kept in touch and when he asked me about being on this tour with him, I was just like, yea, this is great. He’s a legend and I’m very proud to be in his company. Everything that he does is very professional and top notch, and I find him the epiphany of Hip-Hop. Another great talent is Chuck D. (Public Enemy). Oh- these are the legends, who carved what Hip- Hop is about and who made it what it is. That’s what I want to do, bring back the KRS-One’s, Chuck D’s and the Melle Mel’s of the Industry. They are the true pioneers of the Hip-Hop Industry and I would be honored to work with anyone from that era”.

For sure Mikey Jay has been around the block a time or two. He’s work with a variety of talents including Bone Crusher, Jason Fox, Nicole Wray, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis, 112, Jaz-O and a host of others. He’s also appeared on BET Television’s 106 And Park and is owner and operator of Aigne Records. “I’m really grateful to God for all that I’ve had the opportunity to do”, says Mikey in closing. “I have to thank people like Ivan Woodson and Don Tella, who secured the deal with me for Via Mobile for Ring tones, among other deals with Universal and so on. I want to be the greatest artist ever, and because of technology, I’m headed there. My goal is to build a brand in everything that I do”. Mikey Jay’s music will also be preloaded on HP, Dell and Gateway computer systems worldwide. For more information on Mikey Jay visit www.myspace.com/mikeyjayisstupidfresh; www.facebook.com/mikeyceo or on twitter at mikeyjmusic.com.

No comments: