Thursday, February 11, 2010

K-Boo- Taking “Grown Man” To The Streets and Beyond

Reality has it that seven out of ten young Black males will experience some form of racial stereotyping in their teens leading to adult hood. While some escape the negativity of the streets and live another day, many do not. K-Boo was a product of the streets who refused to give up, refused to take no for an answer and end result is “Grown Man”, a collection of versatile, creative and intelligent rhymes that captivate your thoughts and open your mind to the realities of street life, relationships and growth into an adult.

As a native of Jackson, Tennessee, artist, rapper, writer, and producer K-Boo plans to write his own history with “Grown Man”, his new release soon to hit stores on Mlyricsmusic4u/Sony Red Distribution. The album has a flair and charisma that’s guaranteed to get your attention. For sure Three Six Mafia made history when they captivated the small screen at the Academy Awards for the Hustle & Flow Single “It’s Hard Out Here For A Pimp”, and K-Boo generates that same energy and spark as he enlightens Rap and Hip-Hop fans with his smooth and relaxing style of Ghetto slang. “Yes growing up I listened to all of them, “ he says. “ UGK, Pimp C., 8 Ball, Scarface, Outkast, KRS-1, and all the guys. “ and I was heavily influenced by all kinds of music. Actually when I was younger I didn’t really focus like I should have and was just having fun. Then one day I began looking around at all those around me doing their thing, and I said to myself, I have to get myself together. So I started singing, then rapping, writing, and producing other artists around the area. I even did management of local artist and one thing turned into something else and I just kept doing it.”

Listening to “Grown Man”, it’s hard not to get up and get your boogie on. The album has a variety of singles that will take you by surprise. “The title of this album celebrates me being a grown up”, continues K-Boo. “Being a man and being myself. I’ve got several singles here that I really put a lot of thought into. “Grindin” refers to my life and how I’m a hard worker. I look at where I started and where I am now and I just tell people, I’ve been Grindin’ to make it to the top. The single “Victim Of The Streets”, says that I’m trying to get out of the streets and do better. I’m working on changing me and what I use to do. This is not on the album, but I also have a single entitled “Hot”, in which I may put on a mix tape to be released in a few months. So to be real, there are a number of songs on the album that deal with everything from relationships, to the streets and the club. You have to do something for the ladies. A big part of putting out this music is the Internet. Technology is great these days because it allows new artists, and established artists and others the opportunity to get exposure that normally they would not get.”

In the future look for K- Boo in a variety of projects. He would like to also work with the likes of the who’s who of Rap Music, all awhile reserving his credibility as a streetwise poetic lyricist on the grind. For more information on K-Boo, visit http://www.mlyricsmusic4u.com/

No comments: